So like I said before, I’m not a food and supplement expert, nor am I a doctor, but I do feel as though I know a lot about fitness and nutrition and since this is a blog, why not share some of them I love? I will say, I am almost a certified fitness nutrition specialist with NASM, but I am currently taking the course and it is DRY DRY DRY and LONG LONG LONG. I am also a legionnaire with 1st Phorm and I love Isagenix. I talk alot about them, but I will say when I go into a Vitamin Shoppe or GNC or even online, I am so overwhelmed. What the hell do I buy? There are a million products and supplements that essentially do the same thing, but how do we know what to buy?
First, you need to have a goal- do you want to lose weight? Do you want to heal your gut? Do you want more energy? Do you want to decrease recovery time? And so on… Second, don’t always go by the price. Some people think the more expensive, the better the product or some people just go right for the cheapest product when in reality its probably worse you take it than not. Third, remember EVERY BODY is different and will most likely respond differently to supplements. Fourth, supplements are just that. They are supplementing what your body can’t make on it’s own and what food alone cannot provide…which brings me to my list of supplements I love and I know work for me.
- Opti-Greens 50– These are a GAME CHANGER!!!! This is my FAVORITE addition to my supplements. All the ingredients are low temperature processed (meaning the temperature doesn’t ruin the quality or taste) and non-GMO, no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners or preservatives. It helps with BLOATING and indigestion and I am a HUGE bloater. I struggle with IBS and runners bloat where I literally look 8 months pregnant. And I promise these will make you GO! I also know I don’t eat enough vegetables at all. Most greens taste like ass, but these are amazing! I drink them every morning after my fast and feel awesome. I actually like drinking them with just water. I am still nursing so you can take these if you’re nursing or preggo! If you don’t like the taste and want more of a smoothie- Add 1 serving of the optic-greens with 12 oz. almond milk, plain full fat greek yogurt, 1 frozen banana! Opti-Greens 50
- Women’s Weight Loss Pack– I was a little weary about this. You cannot take these when you are pregnant or nursing, but these are the perfect supplements to help you get the results you want- increases energy, curbs appetite, stabilizes hormones. The Core-21 battles cortisol and helps you relax and sleep at night! NO jittery effects.
- Joy Bundle/ Micro Factor (for nursing and preggo mamas) – These are your go-to multivitamins. I hate going into a vitamin store and having people tell me I should buy a multivitamin, calcium, omega, folic acid, vitamin D, etc. Can’t I just take something with all that?? I discovered this multivitamin and decided to try it for a month. It provides your body with the FULL spectrum of nutrients it needs for overall health, especially if you’re working out. It includes a multivitamin, antioxidant, fruits and veggies superfood blend, essential fatty acids, probiotic and coQ10. There are 6 pills to take within the pack, but I promise it’s worth it.
- Isagenix 30 Day System- This is a cleansing and fat burning starter pack for people who want to lose weight. This program is no joke and you can go as strict or not as you want. There is a support group on facebook that is AMAZING!!! I have tried weight loss programs many times before but this is the ONLY one that has worked for me. I never had tons to lose, but it’s the perfect reset program. People lose TONS if they follow the plan. It supports the body’s natural detoxification process and I promise you lose inches on inches on inches. It can be pricey, but your life is worth it.
- Megawatt-V2– The perfect blend of energy for preworkout- get ready to conquer your workout! The BCAA’s are awesome too! Check them out. Guys, I’m so serious about these products.
- Orgain Organic Protein Plant Based Powder- I love the creamy chocolate fudge the BEST! This protein is low in calories, has 8 net carbs, 0 sugar/5g Erythinol, and 21g of protein. You can read every ingredient and it tastes amazing. I usually blend it with 8 oz. unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 banana, powdered PBFit, and 6 ice cubes. It tastes like Emerald City’s Low Carb PB Smoothie. Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Creamy Chocolate Fudge, 2.03 Pound, Packaging May Vary
- Speaking of amazing protein (I have 3 faves), 1st Phorm’s Phormula-1 and Level-1 are TO DIE FOR. I didn’t think I was going to like them because I love a thick protein shake. But these bad boys don’t even need a blender. Phormula-1 is a post-workout protein that helps build more muscle mass, decrease recovery time, and the best part- no blast or gas. I drink this RIGHT after a log run as it gives my body the amino acids it needs to begin the repair process. There are so many SHIT proteins that we think are good, but Phormula-1 is the #1 rapid assimilating protein on the market. It comes in SO many flavors and all you have to do is throw it in a shaker with ice and shake. I got the CTC (cinnamon toast crunch) and I expected it to be a thick classic protein shake, but it’s like a iced drink and it’s so damn delicious. As for the Level-1, this is a meal replacement shake. If you are on the go LIKE ME (with 2 crazy toddlers), I often skip meals and stunt my whole eating game and honestly, whole food nutrition is key as a full time teacher and mama. I can’t skip meals. When you increase your protein at meals you also increase your metabolism and your muscles will remain in anabolic state throughout the day. These come in amazing flavors too- I love the Milk Chocolate, German Chocolate Cake and the Mint Ice Cream Sandwich. The level-1 is THICK AND CREAMY and you can blend with any of your favorite things! Phormula-1 and Level-1
- OK my third favorite protein is ISAGENIX ISAlean shake. These are your classic thick, perfect texture and consistency shakes. They come in chocolate, French vanilla, strawberry, peach mango and sometimes they have seasonal flavors that are so yummy. I use these shakes as snacks, recovery, and meals too. Isagenix
- Full Mega– I went to my eye doctor recently and he could tell that I wasn’t getting enough Omega-3’s in my diet just my looking at my eyes! Also, a few months ago I was getting some really weird bruises that I had to go to the doctor for. She thought I had a blood disorder, but turns out I was taking cheap omega-3’s that were causing my blood to thin, causing the HUGE bruises. My eye doctor brought it to my attention that I had to start using high quality products or I would be better off not taking anything at all. Money can suck sometimes, but as I get older, I realize how important it is to pay attention to what we put in our bodies. Just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean we should buy it. I learned that a person needs to eat fish 3-5 weekly just to get the ample amount of omega-3s. I take Full-Mega with the microfactor and I feel like I can conquer the world. Full Mega
- KETO-MOJO Blood Ketone and Glucose Testing Meter Kit, Monitor Your ketogenic Diet, 1 Lancet Device, 10 Lancets, 10 Ketone Test Strips, Carrying Case. Does NOT Include Glucose Strips is great for glucose and ketones, but the test strips tests your urine to see if you are in ketosis. It’s a great tool for ketosis. Smackfat Ketone Strips – Perfect for Ketogenic Diet and Diabetics – Precise Ketone Measurement and Supports Ketone Adaptation, 100 Strips
- Bragg USDA Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, With The Mother 16 Ounces Natural Cleanser, Promotes Weight Loss – Pack of 2– Listen to Dr. Berg’s KETO podcast on apple cider vinegar. This was a game changer for me. In a nutshell, I take a shot a day at no specific time, but sometimes if I feel bloated or my stomach feels weird, this neutralizes me immediately. Doesn’t taste the best, but I feel great.
- Dr. Fomulated Probiotics Once Daily (30 Billion) Garden of Life – Dr. Formulated Probiotics Once Daily – Acidophilus Probiotic with Daily Support for Digestive and Immune Health – Gluten, Dairy, and Soy-Free – 30 Vegetarian Capsules (Shipped Cold)
- Lastly, Ignition is an amazing product. This product is a post-workout. It uses the highest quality carbohydrates available to deliver it to your system faster than the conventional carbs. It is best used with Phormula-1. I didn’t realize that after a workout it is SO important to fuel and feed your muscles or you will have poor recovery. We work so hard for gains! “Ignition will spare your protein for muscle repair and recovery use the glucose for glycogen replenishment.” There is no taste, so I mix 1/2 scoop into my Phormula-1 after long runs and boot camp! Ignition OR you can buy the Post workout stack with Phormula-1 & Ignition (my fave stack)
Check out 1st Phorm for all the best products on the market. If you’re an on-the-go fit mama like me, these are made for you!
You will not be disappointed. Also, they offer 110% money back if you aren’t satisfied!